5 postdoctoral positions are available at the Cognitive Neuro-Imaging Unit (www.unicog.org) located at NeuroSpin, France’s advanced brain imaging center.
You will be part of a team of young researchers who develop innovative paradigms for behavioral and brain-imaging analysis. The following positions are currently available.
- Analysis of human intracranial signals during the processing of written words and sentences (18 months, in collaboration with Dr Nitin Tandon, Houston)
- Educational intervention. Design of board games for math and reading in first grade, and experimentation using randomized school interventions and fMRI before/after intervention (1 year minimum, in collaboration with Prof E. Spelke, Harvard).
- Functional MRI studies of language learning in 1st Behavioral and fMRI studies on the influence of reading on oral language processing
- Symbol acquisition and statistic learning in infants. fMRI studies in infants to compare associative vs symbolic learning in language acquisition (3 years, ERC grant)
- Development of methodological tools to study infants’ cognition in MRI and/or EEG to obtain realistic models of the structural and functional maturation of the human brain during the first semester of life (3 years, ERC grant)
We are looking for highly motivated and autonomous young minds with a passion for research. The position requires a strong background in neuroscience, cognitive science, mathematics, physics, or computer science; a strong competence in written and spoken English; and excellent programming skills (primarily Matlab or Python). Linguistic skills would be strong bonus. The whole lab operates solely in English, but speaking French could be useful for some aspects of stimulus design or experimentation.